TELECRON ELECTROALARM

Alan Kaplan

Jan 18, 2006
WE HAVE A TELECRON ELECTROALARM MANTLE CLOCK WITH AN ALARM THAT WON'T SHUT OFF. WITH THE SWITCH IN THE ON POSITION, IT SHOULD ALARM ONLY WHEN THE ALARM WHEELS MESH AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE TURNED OFF BY A LEVER STICKING OUT OF THE FRONT OF THE CASE THAT DISENGAGES THE SYSTEM.

THERE IS A CONTACT THAT ENGAGES WHEN THE WHEELS MESH. THIS CONTACT HAS A WIRE ATTACHED TO IT. I MARKED THIS WIRE "TO POWER" WHEN I DISSASEMBLED THE MOVEMENT AND PUT IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM(I THINK)BUT TO NO AVAIL.

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

ALAN

Alan Kaplan

Jan 18, 2006
WE HAVE A TELECRON ELECTROALARM MANTLE CLOCK WITH AN ALARM THAT WON'T SHUT OFF. WITH THE SWITCH IN THE ON POSITION, IT SHOULD ALARM ONLY WHEN THE ALARM WHEELS MESH AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE TURNED OFF BY A LEVER STICKING OUT OF THE FRONT OF THE CASE THAT DISENGAGES THE SYSTEM.

THERE IS A CONTACT THAT ENGAGES WHEN THE WHEELS MESH. THIS CONTACT HAS A WIRE ATTACHED TO IT. I MARKED THIS WIRE "TO POWER" WHEN I DISSASEMBLED THE MOVEMENT AND PUT IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM(I THINK)BUT TO NO AVAIL.

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

ALAN

C

Charles Vesser

Hi Alan,
I am not familar with this clock but I will offer this suggestion.
Check the switch and see if it is actually "OFF" in the off position with an OHM meter.
Check and make sure the switch is not turned upside down.
Check the contacts and clean lightly to remove any carbon, oil or dirt. Sand lightly with 600 sandpaper. (Possiable cause). Contacts could be sticking.
Check and see if the wire going to the switch is getting good contact and make sure it is not broken inside the insulation. (Possiable cause).Check with an OHM meter.
Respectfully,
Charles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeSlari
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre