Telechron Navy Ship clock Dial 1935

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by john48, Aug 3, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. john48

john48 Registered User

Jun 1, 2004
    Hello to all,
    I am in the process of cleaning/restoring a Telechron Navy ships clock 1935. The dial is of thick brass with engraved Numerals, markers, name, etc. There is paint loss there, but that is not a problem. Dials are originally a nice even dark black. Attached are a couple pic's of mine. One with flash on, one with normal lighting. My question is, "How to get a Nice even black finish to brass." They are not painted! Thanks, John

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

2. Snapper

Snapper Registered User

Nov 30, 2014
  3. john48

john48 Registered User

Jun 1, 2004
    Thanks Snapper. I am thinking of trying some "Birchwood-Casey Brass Black" on a scrap piece of brass. Not sure if these where laquered or sealed in any way? Really want to get this looking nice! Don't think there are many of these clocks out there. Anyone who has not seen one, there are a few in "Completed items" on e-bay. There is a article coming out in a bulleten soon on these clocks. Very interesting clock. If anyone else has any ideas Please let me know! Thank You, John