Tall Clock, O. Roberts, Eton, Ohio C.1808

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by ckeithjohnson, Jan 10, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ckeithjohnson

ckeithjohnson Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    I thought some may be interested in pictures of a somewhat scarce clock from thr early days of Ohio statehood.

I apologize for the picture quality but the clock had to go when we moved into a smaller home with low ceilings. The clock was purchased in Richmond ,Indiana, just over the line from Eaton, Ohio where Oliver Roberts held forth.

Attached Files:

2. swankyman

swankyman Registered User

Nov 5, 2006
    A, A
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice, to bad you had to let it go.

3. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello CKeith,

Nice acquistion..... Orascus Roberts was involved with Watson & Read (Cincinnati) and later the Read Brothers (Xenia). Many of seat boards of Watson and Read clocks are stamped "OR" by Orascus Roberts. The clock is typical style produced by Read Bros. in Xenia.

I notified a friend, Philip Morris, who is writing a book about 30 hr. wood movement tall clocks; he has collected quite a bit of information on Orascus Roberts and photographed a few of his clocks.

Andy Dervan

4. laprade

laprade Banned

Sep 10, 2008
    writer, radio producer, old building-materials adv
    Irish, but live in Laprade, 16390, France, (70 mil
    Country Flag:
    Interesting thing about the hands, is the similarity to those used by the Black Forest makers.