• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Tall Case Clock Maker?

B

BAM

I'm looking at a Tall Case Clock that is signed on the dial whatlooks to be Thos Heywood of Bangor. I can't seem to find any information on this maker. Can anyone help me? I have pics I can email. Don

B

BAM

I'm looking at a Tall Case Clock that is signed on the dial whatlooks to be Thos Heywood of Bangor. I can't seem to find any information on this maker. Can anyone help me? I have pics I can email. Don

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Greetings Don and welcome to the NAWCC message board. Watchmakers & Clockmakers of the World Vol 2, (Brian Loomes) lists three Thomas Heywoods, one from Bangor (Wales) Circa 1818-1836.

Regards,

Richard T.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Hi BAM
You could put a picture of it here* to guesstimate its age. If it was the one Richard mentions, I would think it would be a fairly "heavy" painted dial.
FWIW there is also a Bangor in Northern Ireland!

*See post at top to see how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACBurke
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent