T EATON trench watch

peter hurst

Aug 15, 2006
Hello,
I bought this watch a few years ago from the USA, at the time I new that it had some problems and i only purchased it out of curiosity.
The watch to me is very stylish for a Trench watch style and I may just restore it one day, but it has that many issues I wonder if it is worth doing
Does anyone have any information on the movement, ie, is it a gallet or even an aegler, or any other suggestions.
My old watch repair man died a while ago and I do not know of any other in the Northwest of England who would give it a go.

Attachments

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi Peter,

What needs doing to it, apart from a clean and lubricate, and the obvious lack of a crown and stem? It could be a Beguelin.

Regards,

Graham

peter hurst

Aug 15, 2006
Hi, thankyou for your reply, It does need a serious clean,stem crown and I think the watch is locked up, it does not have a back cover, but i can live with the hinged dust cover.
I love the look of this watch, it is also oversize for a trench style.
However, here were I live it is extremely hard to find a watch repairer who will work on a watch of this age,so if I do decide to get it done I may have to send it farther afield.
Thanks Peter.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi Peter,

Please see your PM Inbox.

Regards,

Graham

Forum statistics