T. Eaton ID

John Pavlik

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2001
Green Bay, Wi
Country
Region
Could someone please help identify this movement manufacture ... It i# an “O” size .. I need to find a mainspring .. Unusual for an 0 size Dbl sunk dial..

1AFC84BA-D18F-4EB5-BB6E-3A90ECFC1255.jpeg 4A8EC069-497F-446D-BBE1-3B7DCEBCA571.jpeg

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
To replace a mainspring yuor best option os the take out and measure teh one that is in there now. Identifying the movement is not likley to enable you to buy a new mainspring since these are not usually available by watch model. You will need to buy one of similar size and may have to adapt it to fit and run.

Reactions: roughbarked

Tim Orr

National Membership Chair
Director
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good evening, John!

I cannot help with the mainspring, but the watch was made for and sold by the Timothy Eaton Co., Ltd., a major department store chain in Canada from the mid-19th century up until a few decades ago. My understanding is that they used a lot of Swiss manufacturers. The jewel settings indicate a high-grade movement.

They even, at one time, gave wristwatches to employees with 25 years or more of service that were made for them by Rolex, but did not bear the Rolex name or logo.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi John,
.. I need to find a mainspring ..
To replace a mainspring yuor best option os the take out and measure teh one that is in there now. Identifying the movement is not likley to enable you to buy a new mainspring since these are not usually available by watch model. You will need to buy one of similar size and may have to adapt it to fit and run.
To expand on Jon's comments, if you aren't sure whether the spring that's in there is the correct size, you'll have to go back to first principles and measure the barrel, then use David Boettcher's spring calculators.

Regards,

Graham

Reactions: shinytickythings

John Pavlik

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2001
Green Bay, Wi
Country
Region
Thank you all, Jon, Tim and Graham.. Hope fully I can get at this project in the next week or 2... If I need any help I will absolutely get back to you....Did just notice that there is a tooth missing on the crown wheel.. So I will be searching for a donor movement ... If nothing turns up I think it will wind just fine with the missing tooth..

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
As Graham pointed out that some were made by Rolex. After perusing this for a while and being unable t come up with anything, I'm prone to say that it is made by Aegler for Rolex. At least it looks like it could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluemax
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre