System Glashutte Pocket Watch

jfl

NAWCC Member
May 1, 2006
I have recently acquired an eighteen size pocket watch with the serial # 1374XXX. Could someone tell me the date of manufacture? It appears to be a HC, SW, LS, 17 jewelled watch with ruby jewels.
Thanks
JFL

jfl

NAWCC Member
May 1, 2006
Quizzing the Glashutte Original site I have learned that my watch was made between 1890 and 1900. I also learned that the watch is Swiss not German and is almost identical to one on ebay being sold by Ashland Investments. Mine, however, has Sys. Glashutte instead of Systeme. That said, does anyone out there have any ideas as to what firm made these watches in the style of Glashutte? Pritchard's book does not list this name.:eek:

watchfriends

Jul 23, 2007
Hello,

System Glashütte are only a Glashütte style. A lot of swiss companys have build such watches f.e. IWC, Paul Moser and 100 of small company's. Show us your watch ;)

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Just a guess but Alpina is a possibility. They were and are Swiss but built a factory in Glashutte but would not have needed that to make rough movements in teh German style.

Yours looks like it is nearly from the factory with minimal final finishing.

watchfriends

Jul 23, 2007
No, it is not Alpina this company has other cal., in Germany there are a lot of "System Glashütte" in different styles but 98% are swiss made.

You can say it is a bad Glashütte fake because the company's use this name to sell more. 80% of such watch are unmarked.

I think your watch is from 1910-15

f.e. G&L

9.jpg

or R.Moser

10.jpg

Wei David

Jan 6, 2009
China
Country
I also find a system Glashutte pocket watch in Ebay, with any sign in the movement, Is it the differenct maker with the Glashutte Original?

Eaglepath

Jun 23, 2009
I have a "P. Moser" gold pocket watch with a hunter case, but inside of the back cover is an inside cover over the mechanism engraved with script writing "Paul Moser" and a "HK56" stamp. The serial number 145XXX. Anyone know anything about this watch? And, where can I get this watch fixed in top running order in the Seattle area?

Tom Walker

NAWCC Member
Feb 22, 2006
I saw another System Glashutte yesterday that belongs to a retired dentist who is a friend of mine. The watch is in a 14K hunter case and appears to be about a 16s. He aquired the watch several years ago for $60 from a fellow who was looking for scrap gold when gold was $35 an ounce. Dentists usually had some scrap gold laying around so scrappers made their rounds to see what they could find and buy. The dial of the watch reads Systime Glashutte, but the movement is marked System Glashutte. The movement is also marked 16 Rubis (I seem to recall). I,too, believed that it was German made until I read the posts in this thread.
Tom Walker

traktor1971

Oct 31, 2010
Dear Sirs!

I have from my old died relativ an functionable gold pocket watch Systeme Glashütte with the following photos. It's interresting for me to get an opinion wath i have because i'm not expert of pocket watches. íthank you before.
Traktor1971
Ps.: Text at th watch:
Medaille d'or
Collectivite Medaille d'Argent
Geneve 1896
Chaux-de-Fonds 1881
Systeme Glashütte

g(?)té Paccottet
No 101173

lsevenish

Mar 5, 2012
I, like so many, just inherited a Systeme Glashutte from my Grandfather. It doesnt match any of the pics here, can someone help me identify? I am very new to this, so bear with me please.
It says `Systeme Glashutte` on the dial, the movement only has `depose` written on it that I can see, the inside case back cover says, `System Glashutte ancre 15 Rubis`, Case back is a locomotive, case is silver, dial roman number with second dial at 6oclock. IMG_0417.jpg IMG_0418.jpg IMG_0419.jpg IMG_0420.jpg

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIXIT
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions