Swiza travel alarm battery puzzle

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
Hello All
I might be in the wrong forum but I figured the watchmakers out there might have seen this one.
How do I access the battery on this little Swiza travel alarm? Any ideas? Thanks! George
Swiza clock1.jpg Swiza Clock2.jpg

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
Well it kind of appears that if one backs off that screw the stainless steel back would be forced up. The screw is captured by the back and is shaped in such a way as that appears to be the trick. But I have backed it off a fair amount and as I am always reluctant to force things I figured I'd seek the advice of the board contributors here. Maybe I'm just not applying enough pressure to get the job done, but then again maybe I'm wrong in my approach.. George

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
At the right side is what appears to be just a blind hole. The one at 12:00 in the pic corresponds to the pin that the lid pivots on. I appreciate the input and will gladly answer any other questions! George

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
I will add that the Swiza website I checked tells how to set their products but not how to change the battery. I can't even identify the model name. I have seen this one listed as the "Manhattan" BUT that appears o be a different, larger clock. Having the proper ID would certainly be a place to start! George

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
Have you tried gently prising at the 6:00 point?
That's where the screw is? The screw did gain a bit of separation there where I can get a tool in but my concern was, that if backing out the screw didn't pop it off, do I want to use more force?
I'm probably being too timid with it.
My motto:
Don't force it--Get a bigger hammer! George

watchwldr940

Nov 26, 2008
With the help of a local fellow member of the NAWCC I was able to remove the back. I was just being too timid and by unscrewing the screw in question the back popped off. Thanks for the help and the advice! George

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilGoodew
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller