American Swinging Ball Umbrella Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Willys_1, Nov 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Willys_1

Willys_1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Male
    Project Manager
    Pleasant View, Utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm posting another one of my finds. I'm calling it a Swinging Ball Umbrella Clock. It appears to work similarly to the Horolovar Ignatz clocks. (I posted pics of the Horolovar clock for reference). The clock is missing the ball and thread. I have those on order. I have a question about parts that may be missing on the umbrella. The Horolovar has 2 downward turned rods on the top bar. The umbrella has 2 solder areas on the bottom. I assume this is where downward rods would be located. Can anyone confirm this?

IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2111.JPG IMG_2112.JPG

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't have one of those and have not seen one .... however I believe the whole umbrella will spin, and the string and ball will somehow attache to it. Probably below the umbrella on the shaft somehow. The solder just appears to be a bad repair on the umbrella.

3. TEACLOCKS

TEACLOCKS Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Male
    Clock service & repair
    Santa Rosa Calif.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You could drill a small hole, tap in a tapered pin into the hole, (if they are long enough) solder if you don't think it will hold, then do what ever to the umbrella so it looks good.
    OR I can take it off your hands, Ha Ha
    I like it
    Good luck