• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Sussex (JERGER) copper alarm clock

AndyDWA

Dec 26, 2013
Western Australia
Country
Region
This is another clock that we picked up as a bit of a joke because my wife liked it and the guy selling it at a swap-meet had $8 on it but begged us to take it for $2.

The alarm wouldn't wind but when I got it home and opened it up, I noticed the spring had been over-UN-wound and was very loose. I straightened it up a bit and got the winder hook to catch and it works now. It clicks when winding but it appears that when removing the winder, it actually manages to turn the spring backwards before the thread releases. I assume that shouldn't happen.

I assume it's nothing special but any info on what it is and how old might it be would be appreciated.

The front says "Sussex" and "Made in Germany", the back has a Lion logo which I believe is Jerger, and the movement is stamped "Made by Jerger Germany W3 275" and "No (0) Jewels Unadjusted".

It needs a bit of a clean but would the illuminations be radium?

sussex-jerger-alarm.jpg sussex-jerger-lion-logo.jpg sussex-jerger-movement.jpg

AndyDWA

Dec 26, 2013
Western Australia
Country
Region
Thanks TickTock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjornburton