Suspension Unit Holding Screw/Block Screw

UncleDoc

NAWCC Member
Apr 4, 2020
Colonie, NY
Country
Region
I'm not 100% sure of the correct terminology, but I've see both of these in Terwilliger. My miniature DeBruce is missing the upper block screw (or I lost it). Clock doesn't want to run with a loosely inserted tapered pin. Looked on Timesavers but see no obvious direct replacement, though there are some possibilities if I can determine the thread pitch and size. I assume they're pretty standard. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Duane

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Duane -

Near as I can tell, DeBruce was the retailer and the clock was made by Kundo. I suspect that other clocks by Kundo would have something that would work. Any chance you can upload some pictures?

Kurt

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
wether the top block is held by a skrew or by a pin is not critical as long as the top block doesn´t whiggle with each "beat".The top block has to sit in the respective slot tight, allowing only to hang perpendiculary. The saddle in these KundO´s is friction tight, are You sure You´ve set the beat correctly?
Burkhard

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I have a clock that is similar, although not the same back plate. But likely the basic parts are the same. Here's a picture of the screw that goes through the saddle and through the block. The dimensions are in mm.

Kurt

KOScrew.jpg KOScrewDim.jpg

MuseChaser

NAWCC Member
Feb 5, 2019
Country
Region
I've got a "John Wanamaker," a miniature movement made by Reiner in a full-sized mounting, that is also missing that screw. I've tried a bunch of spares I have lying around from various Schatz and Kundo clocks, and all of them are... too small!! I don't know if a previous owner had drilled out the saddle hole larger, or if the large top block pivot screw was always big on this clock. Still haven't found one that fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supatint
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff