• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

suspension spring size

Bob Baxter

Dec 19, 2000
Carlisle, MA
Country
I am restoring a Vienna Regulator that had no pendulum, weights, etc. I need some guidance on selecting the proper suspension spring for a pendulum. Seems there are many sizes available with really minor differences. I suspect one too stiff will stop the clock after a short time. In this case, I am restoring a GB regulator with 64 cm pendulum. I am a little confused as to the proper relationship between the suspension spring and the bob weight. Any good advise from the pros?

Bob Baxter

Dec 19, 2000
Carlisle, MA
Country
I am restoring a Vienna Regulator that had no pendulum, weights, etc. I need some guidance on selecting the proper suspension spring for a pendulum. Seems there are many sizes available with really minor differences. I suspect one too stiff will stop the clock after a short time. In this case, I am restoring a GB regulator with 64 cm pendulum. I am a little confused as to the proper relationship between the suspension spring and the bob weight. Any good advise from the pros?

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackie64
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit