suspension spring size

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Bob Baxter, Sep 5, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Bob Baxter

Bob Baxter Registered User

Dec 19, 2000
    retired
    Carlisle, MA
    Country Flag:
    I am restoring a Vienna Regulator that had no pendulum, weights, etc. I need some guidance on selecting the proper suspension spring for a pendulum. Seems there are many sizes available with really minor differences. I suspect one too stiff will stop the clock after a short time. In this case, I am restoring a GB regulator with 64 cm pendulum. I am a little confused as to the proper relationship between the suspension spring and the bob weight. Any good advise from the pros?

2. Bob Baxter

Bob Baxter Registered User

Dec 19, 2000
    retired
    Carlisle, MA
    Country Flag:
    I am restoring a Vienna Regulator that had no pendulum, weights, etc. I need some guidance on selecting the proper suspension spring for a pendulum. Seems there are many sizes available with really minor differences. I suspect one too stiff will stop the clock after a short time. In this case, I am restoring a GB regulator with 64 cm pendulum. I am a little confused as to the proper relationship between the suspension spring and the bob weight. Any good advise from the pros?