Watch Surprisingly Good Watches by Unheralded Makers a very unusual chronograph

Discussion in 'Highlights' started by Ethan Lipsig, Apr 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ethan Lipsig

Ethan Lipsig Registered User
    NAWCC Gold Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Male
    80% Retired Attorney
    Pasadena
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Ethan Lipsig, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2020
    Since many of us have heard at least something about obscure makers, we should perhaps refocus this thread from unkown makers to little-known makers, as determined by a paucity of prior posting to this message board about that maker. I will nominate my L. Huguenin two-train, jump-1/4-second rattrapante as an example. Quite a few Huguenins were in the watch business, but there isn't a single thread on the L. Huguenin on this message board.

My L. Huguenin dates back to around 1880. It is in a heavy, worn 57mm 18k hunter case (the case weighs 63.7 DWT, about $3800 in net scrap value, before adjustment down for crystals, springs, and any weights.

The movement is lovely, but far more complicated than a "normal" rattrapante.

The watch works well and keeps time despite having some winding issues that over $1,000 in repairs have not yet fixed. It still is being worked on.

IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2708.JPG IMG_2709.JPG IMG_2702.JPG IMG_3688.JPG IMG_6898.JPG

Click here to see the full discussion