• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Stuff I find in boxes rusting away in my shed.

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Wow---you just keep pulling out some rally neat horological pieces. I'm beginning to think you have more in your scrap shed than most watchmakers have period--:)
Really like the Oris. and something about the Algex.

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Today I went through another box and came out with a couple more Oris, a dial damaged Bulova waterking, a Roamer anfibio ladies watch, a lovely ladies 9ct Rotary with a sapphire crystal, a pile of Seikos. I really should start putting all the Seikos in the one box. It is just such a shame that nobody wants these watches. Found an old cylinder movement which would actually go if I make a winding stem for it. The dial isn't too bad but I'll have to source a minute hand. If I recall correctly Civitas is a brand owned by Moeris. Stacks of perfectly good quartz Seiko and Citizen that simply need a new battery.

PA296573.JPG PA296557.JPG PA296568.JPG PA296559.JPG PA296556.JPG PA296561.JPG PA296562.JPG PA296563.JPG

Reactions: PatH and Dave T

Dadistic

Nov 15, 2015
Country
"It is just such a shame that nobody wants these watches. "

Not true! I'd be happy to give any of these watches a home :)

David

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Country
Region
Yes. I'll be keeping all the Seikos. I also have a good selection of important Seiko parts, jewels.
There are photos I haven't shown.
Gave this to a friend who expressed interest. It is a momento of a now extinct Australian produced car. The Holden company started out making saddles and coaches. Later to make cars in Australia from General Motors, only ours was GMH for General Motors Holden.

P8125321.JPG P8125323.JPG

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region

Roy Gardner

Ticker Stopper
NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2016
Cameron Park, California
Country
Region
These stories and pictures are fascinating. I'd love to see all this treasure spread out on many tables at a mart.

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
It may be a long way, but it was a good turn out - and this was our second mart this year.

DA788C59-A4AF-4A74-B591-3D76356DAEE8.jpeg

50061A88-71C6-4BAB-96C0-2501F0F5CE34.jpeg

Reactions: MrRoundel

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
Next should be the mid-year mart next year - plenty of time to sort out how to get stuff here.. The QLD club also has an annual sale, but theirs is an auction which is held in Brisbane rather than the mart style.

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
That's exactly what happened for many of the stall holders... old toys gone, new toys bought..

Reactions: RL

Roy Gardner

Ticker Stopper
NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2016
Cameron Park, California
Country
Region
More shed goodies for us to enjoy!

Is it possible that that bendable, easily-accessible tail between the banking pins is a fast way to adjust the escapement during manufacturing, maybe for putting it in beat?

There are some Dila watches on the big auction site, and even more where the seller misspelled dial. (The same typo occurs in this forum too!)

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Country
Region
I must put each watch brand together. Have a stack of Oris watches. This is another. Hand missing and plexi gone. Good dial though.

PC057274.JPG

This Titus needs some work. Stem and crown and plexi. All of which I should have as it is an ETA 1100. PC057266.JPG

Also have a couple of empty Accutron cases. I'll have to look for the gents movement. I know where the ladies mov't is. Joan was the wife of the shop owner. Lovely lady she was too.
PC057261.JPG PC057262.JPG PC057263.JPG PC057264.JPG PC057265.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: RL and Roy Gardner

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Country
Region
I really like this watch. It is slim and light and easy to accurately read the time, at least in daylight. Downside is that being quite an outdoors person as much as I can, the slightest scent of water, is straight into this watch. I spotted a small condensation starting on underside of the plexi, so I whippped the bezel and the back off and sat it under a warm light. So, it i a dress watch rather than a watch worn on the Survivor TV show.

Reactions: Roy Gardner

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Country
Region
Bi
Love Seiko mechanicals. They are good solid timekeepers. You probably have a good many that (with your skills) can be a decent daily timekeeper again. A lot of them (Auto 5's etc.)were pretty good looking with well built cases too..
[/QUOTE]
Biggest problem will be fitting new crystals. I do have quite a few but there are a lot of different crystals in the Seiko range.

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Yes and probably a lot of those crystals are the tension ring type.
Anyway--that photo sure looks like a lot of pretty cool Seikos to me.

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Lol here. Yep I understand. Many of them are pretty hefty and weighty-but-I've always liked them.
They are the reason I can wear a heavier watch and it not bother me.
Although I sometimes wear smaller or lighter--I can go back and forth with no problem because of me past with Seiko autos and divers.
I would think that there is a pretty fair market for older Seiko mech's and autos. And probably a bunch of fixer uppers would do well at a mart table where the watch sells for low price and customer does what ever work the watch needs himself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QMAC
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent