Street clock on ebay (ended)

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by mr.jeepster, Feb 20, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mr.jeepster

mr.jeepster Registered User

Nov 28, 2008
    auto/truck ase master tech
    ILLINOIS
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It was a E Howard &Co Boston type street clock. Pretty cool ,had a homemade stand like mine too. It must a been a street clock with a 12" face on it:???: Here's the auction number that ended 220361328443 yesterday. Just put in the number and it will come up/sorry I didn't put the link in .

2. mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
    ILLINOIS
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    here's the picture's of it..

Attached Files:

• t1.jpg
      File size:
      15.1 KB
      Views:
    • t2.jpg
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
    • t3.jpg
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
    • t4.jpg
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
    • t5.jpg
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Views:
    • t6.jpg
      File size:
      2.8 KB
      Views:
    • t7.jpg
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
  3. ElectricTime

ElectricTime Registered User
    NAWCC Business

Sep 28, 2002
    It went for $3,550.00. It looks like a howard street clock movement to me also.

4. DanJeffries

DanJeffries The Tower clock man
    NAWCC Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Male
    Controller
    Monticello Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have one just like it as well. It is definitely a E. Howard #00. Most likely used in a street clock, but I have one that came out of a cupola of a stable. It has two sets of motion works and the linkage to them is 2ft each, so it had a complete width to the two dials of 4 feet. Mine had fallen from it location and the pendulum was damaged, so I had to remake the pendulum leader.

This is one of my favorite tower clock movements in my collection, because it is simple and non-clock enthusiast can easily see how it works.

5. mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
    ILLINOIS
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan ,I like to see picture's of your clock-sound's cool !!!

6. DanJeffries

DanJeffries The Tower clock man
    NAWCC Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Male
    Controller
    Monticello Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here you go, sorry for the delay in posting pics.

My clock came out of a cupola installation. It ran two 3 ft. dials. I do have the two sets of motion works with all the linkage. The original hand were wood and of course rotted to nothing. The clock keeps great time! Sorry for the crazy date the pics were taken on 4/13/09. When I got the clock it had fallen from it's original installation and the second gear had a flat spot. I had to straighten out the gear and since then it has worked perfectly. I had talked to several other tower clock experts and they said I would have to cut a new gear. It is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! Also I had to replace the pendulum leader, the original had been discarded. Luckily the pendulum bob and part of the pendulum stick were still there.
    Great little clock, and I like it because it can be displayed in a very small area. This is up in the corner of my "clock room" in our house. All the rest of the tower clocks are out in the shop.

Dan

Howard clocks 015.jpg

Howard clocks 014.jpg

Howard clocks 011.jpg

Howard clocks 010.jpg

Howard clocks 009.jpg

Howard clocks 008.jpg

7. mr.jeepster

Nov 28, 2008
    ILLINOIS
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very nice clock Dan ! What year is that from 1800's? A-frame design too,I love how they put pin stripping on the tower clocks back then. Please show other picture's of your tower clocks. Once I got this one-I wanted another one ,they are so cool. Most I seen from ebay was far east coast or very west coast -only if they was closer to my house!!!!I would have another one and would have to sleep on the couch!!