Strange Occurence

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by John Arrowood, Oct 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    I'm not complaining; just surprised at what happened this morning. I clicked on the blue NAWCC banner to sign on as usual (have been doing this for a few months) and got a message saying 'welcome xyz123 instead of the usual greeting and there was very little of the information I had been seeing yesterday and previous times I joined the Board. I tried again and got the same log on message to xyz. So I tried logging on using the other box by inputting my name and password and was connected to the usual information I have been seeing. It appears that I am not logged off automatically now when I close the link and go somewhere else as had been the case yesterday and earlier. I an using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge which has some quirks to be kind.

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When i clicked on the blue banner i saw welcome Tony tinkerer or something like that, so i just signed in with user name and pass word, first time this ever happened to me.

3. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We're looking into it.

FYI, I don't usually use the Blue NAWCC Login button because I basically live on the MB and rarely use anything else.
    I login using THIS: login.png so I'm ALREADY logged into the MB every time I visit because of the check in remember me. I'm the only one who uses my computer, so the fact that I'm always logged into the MB isn't a problem.

4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have the remember me checked as well, but it did not recognize me and called me some one else,s name, odd.

5. itspcb

itspcb Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 6, 2006
    UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    same here, first noticed 07.00 BST this morning,
    Peter

6. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Are all of you using the blue NAWCC MEMBER LOGIN button? Or the MB login as illustrated in my post#3?
    I think they're working on that system, but I don't know for sure since I have no control over there.
    I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

7. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tried blue banner first, got the response, later signed in like you and clicked remember me. Thanks for the help Bill.

8. itspcb

itspcb Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 6, 2006
    UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry Bill the behaviour is intermittent and I have not been able to reproduce it enough times to be certain.
    What I do know is that the system seems to unlog you from time to time and when I try and log back in. I get a message Thanks for logging in Joe Bloggs rather than my proper name itspcb. I've had three different jo bloggs so far.
    Its random and if I can do better I'll let you know.
    I use both the blue button and the mb as per your posting
    Peter

9. Bill Stuntz

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Does the strange behavior occur using BOTH login types?
    FYI, When I login using the MB ONLY login, I'm NEVER automatically logged off. The NAWCC login doesn't log me into the MB, only the main NAWCC site - probably because the my login names/passwords are different. The main site login does time out, but the MB login does not, at least for me.

10. Markus Harris

Markus Harris NAWCC Communications Director
    Staff Member NAWCC Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Male
    Director of Communications, NAWCC Inc.
    Lancaster, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #10 Markus Harris, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    FYI: There may be an intermittent glitch with our installation of iMIS, the software that recognizes and identifies our logged in users. It may be misidentifying some users when they log into our system using the big blue button and accidentally scrambling their MB ID to appear as if they were someone else. We're troubleshooting it now.

Best,

Markus