• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Strange marriage

chorisia

Oct 13, 2021
Country
This English oak longcase clok has a Gledhill fusee movement and a German engraved dial. Refurbished it a few weeks ago. Strange though pleasing marriage..... in fact a threeway :)

DSC02204.JPG DSC02096.JPG DSC02199.JPG gledhill dial.JPG

Jezster18

Jan 31, 2011
Country
My friend has one similar, same set up, different case with thick brass arch dial & silvered chapter ring.
early number gledhill brook with original pendulum & hands.
No name as to who dit it, but they did a good job, on my friends

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
Clorisia, I have a Gustafson Becker clock like the one on the wall next to the longcase. It’s the one at the top on the 9 o’clock side. I am missing the top finials. Could you post a photo of it showing a close up of those finials? Thanks.
Will
By the way, I like the longcase.

chorisia

Oct 13, 2021
Country
Clorisia, I have a Gustafson Becker clock like the one on the wall next to the longcase. It’s the one at the top on the 9 o’clock side. I am missing the top finials. Could you post a photo of it showing a close up of those finials? Thanks.
Will
By the way, I like the longcase.
I make replacement tops for these clocks cast in crystalcrete the strongest of plaster, primed guilded with spray that is very close to the originals. I dont think we are allowed to sell things on this forum? On UK Ebay you will find Swedish wall clock replacement gilded top.

chorisia

Oct 13, 2021
Country
I made the pendulum for the Gledhill movement at 750 g half the weight of the pendulums these normaly have; it works well with the movement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Genda
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller