Stop Watches

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
I thought it might be an idea to dedicate a thread to various stop watches. Her are two of mine, both with an English relation, but Swiss movements. Interesting that both have Breguet hairsprings, rather unusual for stop watches, I believe. And yours?

The first one is with the legendary Omega 1210 movement. With regard to a valuation, you can find anything in the range from 100.-- (US market) to more than 1,000.-- (European market) :D

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

For this one I still need to identify the movement.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:

miguel angel cladera

Sponsor
Donor
Jul 29, 2019
Country
I have the same Slava and it was used on multiple space missions. The rear is painted with titanium nitride.

spacegallery2.jpg

20180207_185430-scaled.jpg

SKennedy

Jan 5, 2017
Country
For this one I still need to identify the movement.
That is also a Lemania. The curved arm around the driving wheel is quite distinctive, as is the somewhat annoying transfer wheel position, overhanging the balance cock. There is an idenitcal looking watch on P285 of 'Pocket Watchs 19th & 20th Century' by Alan Shenton.

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
That is also a Lemania. The curved arm around the driving wheel is quite distinctive, as is the somewhat annoying transfer wheel position, overhanging the balance cock.
Thank you.

With respect to the first one, above, what is the difference between the shown Lemania (according to the dial) movement and the Omega cal. 1230 movement? They seem to look absolutely identical. Or is it just a "rename" of Omega for a movement bought in from Lemania?

Best, Bernhard

SKennedy

Jan 5, 2017
Country
With respect to the first one, above, what is the difference between the shown Lemania (according to the dial) movement and the Omega cal. 1230 movement? They seem to look absolutely identical. Or is it just a "rename" of Omega for a movement bought in from Lemania?
Not my area of expertise I'm afraid but my basic understanding is that Lemania were the makers of chronograph movements for others. I did some work on a split seconds one like yours last year, though it had centre minute recording, similar to the Russian one DrJon posted, and it was not marked 'Nero' so I think earlier than those that are. Mid 1950s if correct according to its provenance.
Given the dial layout, your one beats 10ths of a second?

Reactions: Bernhard J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VTC Duane
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner