stolen watch

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by Jon Hanson, Jan 6, 2006.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Registered User
    NAWCC Member Golden Circle

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Chapter 149 member Desmond Lundy reports a stolen Adams and Perry, Lancaster watch no 1795 somewhere enroute to Canada from Kansas.

If anyone sees this watch please contact Desmond at:

fermenthaus@shaw.ca

Thank you

2. Desmond Lundy

Desmond Lundy Registered User

Sep 14, 2000
    Country Flag:
    The continuing saga... This movement was being shipped, via USPS registered, Kansas to Victoria. Arrival seemed very slow and after New Years Day I established contact with the vendor who, in turn, obtained tracking information from the postmaster in Wichita. It seems that the package arrived safely in Canadian Customs and was due for release on 23 December. It had not materialized. I contacted local [supervisory] bureaucrats who proved unable to locate, track or really anxious to discuss the matter. I revealed my tracking information provided by USPS at Wichita and the air suddenly became quite heavy. The supervisor was really more concerned about how I managed to have USPS tracking information; this was just not right... I politely and firmly explained that this movement was monitarily worthless; every reputable watch collector would know that this movement was 'hot'. I explained, further, that I had pictures of the movement and a stolen watch report would be on the internet within an hour. I had decided to wait ten days before dragging the police into the fray. This morning an opened package containing the movement materialized in my post box. No comment. No explanation. No discussion. I didn't even have to sign for the registered package. Adams & Perry 1795 has been recovered.

3. terry hall

terry hall Registered User
    NAWCC Brass Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Male
    Central North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Great News Desmond!

but of course disturbing in the same sentence....

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Desmond,

Didn't you once work for those folks? :biggrin:

5. Desmond Lundy

Desmond Lundy Registered User

Sep 14, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Yes - and having been a Canada Customs officer aided my decision concerning where to direct pressure...

6. Jon Hanson

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good for you , Desmond. Will you do anything different next time around on a states purchase?

Jon

7. Jon Hanson

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Great news, Desmond.

What would you do differentky next time for a Canadian shipment from the US?