stolen items

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by giannis1967, Sep 19, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. giannis1967

giannis1967 Registered User

Oct 6, 2010
    I hope i am in the correct page of the forum, this is a warning to anybody who wants to sell watches through internet.
    There is fraud by the name Lisa Gabriel email lisa_gabriel1010@yahoo.com, this person is able to send you fake paypal messages and email who looks real, it manage and trick me and i am using paypal for years.
    The result i lost my watches and of course my money
    So fellow watch collectors be aware.

2. ImPondering

ImPondering Registered User

Jul 12, 2013
    First off, I'm really sorry you were a victim of a scam. Please tell us more. Did you have watches for sale on the internet?

3. giannis1967

Oct 6, 2010
    I have watches for sale on a local site here in Cyprus and this person send me a message that wants to buy them and to send money requerst through paypal, which i did. After i receive emai from paypal with confirmation that money transfered on my account and are going to be available in 72 hours, so i send the items. After i receive several emails from paypal that these transaction there genuine and i have the money soon due to much traffic on paypal. Three days after send an email to paypal where is my money and paypal reply to me that there no transactions no money and propably i was a victim of electronic fraud whice they confirm in when i send them copies of these emails.
    These fake emails looks so real they even have paypal logo and details on, when you click on paypal's name or logo the redirect to paypal.
    The point is for me that paypal should know about these scammers, there is a list of them on google also in FBI and Interpol and paypal should send warnings to customers when someone of these scammers or customers who get tricked send requests to scammers emails.

4. harold bain

harold bain Forums Administrator

Nov 4, 2002
    You should contact the local (to where you sent the watches) police, as there must have been a shipping address you sent them to.

5. giannis1967

Oct 6, 2010
    Already did i contace the local pilice, post office and customs police, also i make an official form through my post office these items not to be delivered and waiting, cross my fingers every minute !!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Hawk53

Hawk53 Registered User

Dec 19, 2013
    Any chance of getting a update on this? Did they intercept the watches, and did you get them back?

7. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Unfortunately scam messages like this arrive all the time...one way to combat them is to ignore them.

If one logs in to your account on paypal or any other equivalent you can check your balance.