Stolen - Canadian Pacific and Santa Fe Walthams

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by Marty101, Jul 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Retired-bad back but still movin'.
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    #1 Marty101, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
    Friends,these were stolen from a customer of mine recently. Any leads would be appreciated. 12-13-Rob 015.JPG s-l1600 (3).jpg

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Super Moderator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: Stolen

Hi Marty,
    I'll leave the post here for a few days as this is where all of the watch folks will see it. After that, we probably should move it to the 'Lost and Stolen' forum.

3. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Re: Stolen

Thanks Dave-whatever you think is proper. This poor guy-!-I blued him a beautiful set of hands,and now he has nothing to mount them on. :( Maybe someone can get a lead on these.

4. Kent

Kent Registered User
    NAWCC Member

I've updated the [main="Waltham's Canadian Railway Movements"]Waltham's Canadian Railway Movements[/main] Encyclopedia article to note that the watch was reported stolen.

If and when it is recovered, please let us know so that this note can be removed from the article.

5. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Kent.

6. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Super Moderator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Moving to 'Lost and Stolen Items' now.

7. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Might it not be more helpful in showing photos of the front/back of the case as the one who stole the items may only pawn/sell them for the complete watch not knowing what is inside?

8. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Super Moderator
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    we have it! it has been recovered!

9. Jeff Hess

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    sold to us in a package of vintage jewelry form a Chicago dealer! The watch is safe and sound in our hands

10. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Great that it is back.

Will those that stole/borrowed these two pieces be held accountable?

11. Jeff Hess

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I hope so. This caused us a major hasssle. We bought a bunch of Jewlery and watches from a long term (30 years we have been buying boxes of Jewerly, diamonds and watches for them) (in fact, now buying from the new manager..the DAUGHTER of the original owner).

We put several of the pieces up on a popular auction site.

And the awful part was that we were warned with only a few hours left in the auction so we could not stop the auction. 90% of our auctions are startign at a cent and no reserve. And ebay has rules about this. You cannot end an auction with less than 12 hours remaining!

We do not shill bid auctions. We were panicking. Since when someone won, and if we said "no we cannot ship" they would give us bad feedback and accuse us of not shipping because we did not get enough or something.

Luckly Katrina reached out to ebay and EBAY stopped the auciton for us. Now we are simply waiting for a police report so we can get it back to it's rightful owner.

Good thing is was us!

12. Jeff Hess

Sep 3, 2000
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    hi.

We bought the watch from a jewler in Chicago. Within 48 hours of recieving it, it was posted. We changed nothing.

We are thrilled that we will be able to get the watch back to it's rightful owner.

Jeff

btw, we buy thousands of watches per year from jewelers, collectors, pawnbrokers and coin dealers. This is the first one ever that has been reported stolen. We are very happy that the nawcc "reported stolen" thread works. And that we are going to be able to help get the watch back.

13. Marty101

Marty101 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Niagara Falls,N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    The watch owner has contacted me,and asked that I report here the watch is in his hands. I'm not sure if there is any further protocol in these matters-?-but if I can help or add anything I'm willing.
    Thanks all-