Star Watch Case Co.

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by quitroit, May 16, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The new version of the Forum is coming! This major upgrade of the Forum will take place in the early hours of November 2 and should be completed by noon. There will be no access to the Forum while the upgrade is taking place.
  1. quitroit

quitroit New Member

May 15, 2011
    I have a question about an elgin watch, I just purchased? It came with a lot of watches that I bought.The watch is in an star gold watch case . The case is marked star w. c. c. with a bowed oval circle around it. Their is also a star above it. and under the star w. c.c. their is a dot in the center with a arrow line on each side. it also says warrnted 20 years.The watch is in mint working cond. and is a 1919 eligin movement. It looks like a real gold case and not filled. Did star w. c.c make solid gold watches, and could this be one? Thanks. Scott

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I moved your question here from the Encyclopedia area. Comments on Encyclopedia articles are for clarification and questions about the article, not related material.

In answer to your question, the presence of the 20 year warranty is a clear indication of a gold filled case. A pristine gold filled case is a very nice thing and certainly worth having.

One of the more sad things collectors see is a gold filled case that has been damaged by a misguided attempt to determine the gold content.

3. quitroit

quitroit New Member

May 15, 2011
    Thanks, for your help.....Scott