Staking tools

A

avalanche325

I am in the learning process. I have been doing the usual COA and parts replacement and am ready to take the next step. I have a couple old wrist watches with broken balance staffs and one with a broken jewel.

What should I look for to be able to accomplish these tasks? I see a few staking sets that go by on ebay and some on web sites out there. The contents and prices vary widely. I am a hobbyist and like to do my own repair, so I probably don't need the best / most complete set. What do I need or not need??

Thanks for the help.

Chris Smalley

A

avalanche325

I am in the learning process. I have been doing the usual COA and parts replacement and am ready to take the next step. I have a couple old wrist watches with broken balance staffs and one with a broken jewel.

What should I look for to be able to accomplish these tasks? I see a few staking sets that go by on ebay and some on web sites out there. The contents and prices vary widely. I am a hobbyist and like to do my own repair, so I probably don't need the best / most complete set. What do I need or not need??

Thanks for the help.

Chris Smalley