Staiger 8 day

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by Burkhard Rasch, Sep 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Can anyone help me out with the SS thickness and bpm count of these little cuties?
    Thanks in advance!
    Burkhard

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Burkhard -

I think you're the expert on Staigers! ;) You have a few by now, right? I don't see Staiger in the repair guide so can't really help with info.

Kurt

3. whatgoesaround

whatgoesaround Registered User

Jan 22, 2008
    Male
    science teacher
    south carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Burkhard,
    It seems I remember .0019 being the correct thickness (in inches). I did have one I had to go up two sizes to get to run correctly, but three that ran with this size.

4. Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    thanks both of You.I found somewhere on the MB that John stated they need 0.0018" and some types need to thin down that size.I´ll try my best!
    Thanks
    Burkhard

5. Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    And: RUNNING!!! after solving three capital issues .It started with the breakage of one pallet pin of the anchor . It was replaced by an ignorant clockmaker with a pin three times as thick as the original 0.08mm.This eliminated the free drop of 1°,the whole escapement wasn´t operational at all!! Pulling out the wrong pin found the original hole way too large!! While fiddeling with the anchor - which is a tiny stamped out and then bent thin brass part - the anchor fork broke off:banghead: I cried out for help and found my new (female and good locking) watchmaker. She solded in a new correct anchor pin and silver soldered the anchor fork and finaly built in a new suspension spring- which is a pain in these!!! Thanks to her!!
    And here it is waiting/running to be regulated :enjoy!
    Burkhard

DSCN4087.JPG DSCN4088.JPG DSCN4090.JPG DSCN4093.JPG DSCN4096.JPG