Spring has sprung

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Apr 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    It could have been perhaps three weeks ago, I wrote about Krewstown Road; a little part of Philadelphia that is not asphalt laid. I spoke of the scenery, a twisting road with many of twists, showing the bareness of trees and their wooden skeletons.

Slowly it has been coming back to life with the greenery that is easy on the eyes, and delights the soul with its magnificence of green leaves and the few houses that have gardens planted with flowers, the colors - far too many to properly describe. Many yellows, purple, blues, whites, salmon, red, and varied colors of mixed shade I cannot describe their beauty with my poor lexicon of words.

Along the road some of the homes even have dogwood trees that are almost past their bloom in shades of red, white and cream. The lawns in front are just about bursting through with the color of green…so are our lawns on the street where I live.

Even at my century old years…it's a good time to be alive and take in the beauty that nature has generously bestowed upon the viewer of these scenes…in what is a mostly citified community.

When we moved into our home on Napfle Avenue February 24, 1961; this block of twin houses had been just built. Just north and west of Napfle Avenue, we still had much farm land that was not developed; and was home to a myriad of animals. Today we may see the occasional squirrel, rabbit or groundhog; all the other animals are long gone due to homes being built on land on which they once had their part of the world in which they lived.

What I miss most are the magnificent Cardinals and Blue Jays that were displaced by the human need for homes in this once animal and bird fairyland.