Spaceman Spiff: Ridgeway Clocks

jbartosh

Jan 8, 2020
Country
Hello forum, I can't see a way to private message a user so posting this wide on the forum. Spaceman Spiff I wonder if you might help me out on your knowledge of Ridgeway literature. I have a model 135 with dial "E", movement "E" finish "cher" (cherry). I wonder if you have any pics or specifically the name (if there is one) of this clock. I think it is somewhere between 1975 to 1978, I suspect it may be a 1976 bicentennial thing perhaps. Anyway curious to know what info you have and if you are an enthusiast on Ridgeway I did receive several original docs with this including warranty card, envelope, list of deals dated dec 75, extra suspension spring packet and setup manual. I could supply pics if we find a way to communicate this info, thanks.

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
If you click on your avatar (the blue bust) in the upper right hand corner of any screen, you will open a menu of areas in your profile that you can access, including one identified as PM/Conversations. Click on that to reach your conversations page.

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
And click on the name of any post her to bring up a little modal that will allow you to start a private conversation with them

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Hello forum, I can't see a way to private message a user so posting this wide on the forum. Spaceman Spiff I wonder if you might help me out on your knowledge of Ridgeway literature. I have a model 135 with dial "E", movement "E" finish "cher" (cherry). I wonder if you have any pics or specifically the name (if there is one) of this clock. I think it is somewhere between 1975 to 1978, I suspect it may be a 1976 bicentennial thing perhaps. Anyway curious to know what info you have and if you are an enthusiast on Ridgeway I did receive several original docs with this including warranty card, envelope, list of deals dated dec 75, extra suspension spring packet and setup manual. I could supply pics if we find a way to communicate this info, thanks.
Hi, jbartosh.

Thanks for the post. (I received a notification for your private message a few minutes ago as well, and when I came to the site I saw you made made this forum post yesterday. So I'll respond here so that it will be available publicly for any others who may be interested).

Model 135 is showing in my 1977 catalog, and is named the "Martha Washington." Attaching the two relevant pages from the catalog.

In 1977 the clock had a suggested retail price of $729 (E-movement) or $799 (EG-movement). Bear in mind that new clocks are like new cars--a large portion of their value disappears as soon as they leave the showroom floor, and it takes many years before regaining value as a "classic."

(Thank you for the offer of the documents, but I'm primarily interested in catalogs, only, so that I can share information like this).

Best wishes for many years with your clock!
John

Ridgeway model 135 Martha Washington (1977) 01.jpg Ridgeway model 135 Martha Washington (1977) 02.jpg

jbartosh

Jan 8, 2020
Country
Thanks John, that's amazing info more than I was hoping for. I like the history side of things and keeping documents with the clock so much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjammyers
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Forums Rules by Steven Thornberry