Electric WW Source for Miyota 2025 Movement

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by fijidad, Jul 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. fijidad

fijidad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Retired
    Escondido, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've replaced the battery with a new one and it did not make the old movement run.

Any suggestions on where to obtain a replacement for this Miyota 2025 movement? Thanks, Dan

2. Rick Hufnagel

Rick Hufnagel Just Rick!
    NAWCC Member Donor

Oct 25, 2018
    Male
    Plumber
    Pittsburgh pa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There's a million places selling these online. Esslinger has them. I've used that company many times, good people.

3. fijidad

fijidad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Retired
    Escondido, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Got it, thanks Rick

4. Rick Hufnagel

Rick Hufnagel Just Rick!
    NAWCC Member Donor

Oct 25, 2018
    Male
    Plumber
    Pittsburgh pa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good luck with your repair!

5. viclip

viclip Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Looks like I'll be needing to replace one of those el cheapo quartz modules.

I know that factory installed modules are lined up with matching pegs (hopefully) at the back of the dials. Then they're glued in, using a non-permanent adhesive that can be scraped away if a replacement module is ever required to be installed..

Is there a recommended adhesive to use for the purpose?

6. fijidad

fijidad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Retired
    Escondido, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm unfamiliar with the adhesive, though that does make sense. I received and installed the 2025 movement and it works perfectly...except I ordered a movement with only two hands, and this watch has three. So I've ordered the 2035 movement that does have three hands. Attached is an image that shows why this movement was toast. I cleaned up the back and installed the 2025 and it was as simple as it could be...less the adhesive mentioned above.

Quarts.1.JPG

viclip and Rick Hufnagel like this.
  7. glenhead

glenhead Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Telecom Engineer
    Williamson County, Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If you can get the same movement, all the dial feet and such should match unless there's something else wrong with the dial. If the dial was made to go with a particular movement there shouldn't be any adhesives, just the dial feet pressed into the corresponding holes in the movement. Sometimes on higher-end quartz movements there will be clamps for the dial feet, but on the less-expensive ones the feet just press into the plastic. The dial will usually pry off of the movement fairly readily. Just be patient and careful and don't horse on it. It'll also be pretty evident if adhesives were used; again, just be patient and careful and the dial should come off fairly easily.

If there are no feet, or if one is broken, or if you change to a different movement, then there are adhesive dots available from the vendors to stick the dial to the movement. Just google "dial dots" to see what's out there. They're pretty danged effective and nearly always scrape off easily and cleanly if they need to. Changing to a different kind of movement brings its own special "opportunities". You have to match up thicknesses and distances and stem sizes and blah blah blah. It's a real hassle to have to change.

Hope this helps.

Glen

viclip likes this.
  8. fijidad

fijidad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Retired
    Escondido, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What you've described is what I experienced Glen. The new quartz movement fit tightly onto the feet on the back of the dial and I had no qualms about it's ability to stay put.

9. viclip

viclip Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for this, dial dots it will be if needed.

I've seen quite a number of cheap quatz watches which have what appears to be glue or silicon or something visible between the module & the dial. The manufacturers probably just slap these things together. I've never been interested until now in replacing the module in one of these so I'll see what happens when I remove the old module. Fortunately I have other watches which have the same module so I'll just scavenge one.