Help Sorry

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Dells, Nov 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dells

Dells Registered User

Oct 18, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Not sure who I need to apologise to so I will say sorry to everyone I missed the rule about posting a question about an item on that well known auction site although the item was not an auction, it won’t happen again.
    Sorry Dell

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It's a learning curve, Dell. Mistakes happen …. hopefully just once :D

Kevin W. likes this.
  3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The thought behind the rule is to avoid the site becoming overwhelmed with list of items requesting values. We really should not have a problem when the matter is part of another discussion that includes such references.

The problem is that we are not smart enough to make up a rule that would allow the casual use without the harmful use.

It is my belief that this is a community issue and we should be kind in our comments to anyone who posts a question here.

If someone were to mount an attack here on a seller on eBay over an item on offer or make similar remarks about any auction site, I would hope that everyone would be offended at such action that is not appropriate for our community.

There is similarly a need to avoid denigrating anyone's questions or requests for help with remarks about their lack of information or failure to do due diligence. Our comments and discussions are not required to make everyone happy with the information, but cruelty is completely out of place here.

I do not think of any of this as rules, but rather the normal behavior of users of the site. I personally wish we could do away with all of our explicit rules. The NAWCC Member's Code of Ethical Conduct should be sufficient for this member and non-member blended community.

Kevin W. likes this.