Some strap buckles - "RW&Co" "Rolex" Omega

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Roy Horrorlogic, Oct 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Sorting through a large number of rotting old straps I came across two interesting buckles. Whilst I'm at it, I also have a few "Rolex" plated buckles from different sources which I doubt are genuine - but I could be wrong. I've posted a snap showing a comparison between the two styles.
    The Omega buckle is like nothing I've seen before. The "RW&Co Ltd" puzzles me. RWC, W&D etc are self explanatory but what is this one?
    All informed opinion (and even guesswork!) would be appreciated.
    Roy

Buckles-230128.jpg Buckles-230129.jpg Buckles-230130.jpg

2. Hilts

Hilts Registered User

Jul 9, 2012
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hmm, the RW&Co Ltd could be Rodi Wienenberger & Company - later becoming RoWi. The Omega one is pretty nifty.

3. Roy Horrorlogic

Roy Horrorlogic Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hi there
    I'm told, on pretty good authority, that this company made bags, straps etc. I think the Omega job is hand made - but definitely unusual. I got it in a bag of used Omega buckles of all types.
    Roy

4. gatorcpa

gatorcpa Registered User

May 7, 2007
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Can't comment on the first buckle, other to say it's very cool.

The Omega looks unlike anything I've ever seen. Could be very early, but to my knowledge, Omega didn't use signed buckles until the 1950's and yours certainly pre-dates that.

On the two Rolex buckles, I think you nailed it. They are reproductions. One tip-off is the word(s) "AcierInox." First, it should be two words, "Acier Inox" which is a French abbreviation for stainless steel. Of course, the buckles are gold plated. They should say "Plaque G".

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

5. Jack_W

Jack_W Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Geologist
    Wheat Ridge, CO
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The first buckle; the rectangular one with the UK hallmarks. What does the rest of the band look like?