Some of these days...blah

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Nov 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Some days you just do not know what to do with yourself. The Eagles play Monday night football. I taped the Chris Wallace show and still have not looked at it. Johnnie sits looking so beautiful on the edge of the bed…tried to capture her beauty but the batteries in the camera need a charge. So no pretty Johnnie II to display - as I write this nonsense that follows word after word.

Having a 101st birthday ain’t no picnic, have a lot of stuff prepared for my nineteen guests. Each one will have their name on the little folder placed before their seating arrangement. And, four of my guests…excuse me [five] are the women who fed me during my many years of spending my money eating at Andonios. It is more family oriented than the regular restaurant you may visit. They may have had one person who was older in years than I. So I cannot claim the honor of being their eldest one who ever sat down for a meal.

This Holiday weekend played havoc with the TV shows I usually enjoy watching. Some are repeats; others are fill-ins that do not fit my taste as watching a show I have no interest in - so while waiting for the time to pass by so I can go to the screen and watch what I want to watch. In the meantime, beautiful Johnnie II decided to try to catnap…even she…does not know what to do with herself on this Holiday weekend.

Guess I may as well get into my PJs and get ready for a night of TV…some which may find me clicking the remote button to find something better to immerse my old brain into. As of now, all I hear is a lot of chatter as I type this excuse for not looking at what is happening on the TV screen.

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan, well. let's see, I am clicking between the Ranger game, Sunday night football, Caddyshack and looking on the NAWCC and Ebay sites. Giving my keister a good workout today. Luckily, no cartilage there, just a little fat. Thank goodness the Jeopardy teen tournament is over, back to regular Jeopardy. Luckily I still work so my days are occupied, my wife has the fun of staring at the big black eye all day and hanging around with the cat. She doesn't know I usually get her all night. Keep a stiff upper lip and enjoy your celebration.

3. Tyler K

Tyler K Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2014
    North Canton, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Maybe you should go work on a watch, or do your knees hurt too bad to get downstairs? I haven't been able to find anything on TV either for the past couple days, but I did get four (4) watches running again so that was entertaining. Good luck trying to find something suitable to watch! -Tyler

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I got rid of my cable and dish hookups, and bought a Roku (a $100 device that attaches to the TV's HDML port). You can watch lots of stuff over your internet connection, and Youtube has bunches of stuff you entertain you for hours :) Of course, if you have a smart TV, you don't need anything else.

5. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    shutterbug:
    Could you give me a further and more descriptive of the ROKU device...would it attach to my TV?

Dan

Could I watch any stuff on the National Association of Watch and clock Collectors?

6. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If your TV has a HDML port it will work. It might be worth a call to your local Best Buy to see what they recommend. There are several out there that do basically the same thing. You can see anything that you can see on the computer :)

7. harold bain

harold bain Forums Administrator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    self-employed in the clock business
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Basically, your TV becomes a computer monitor.