Some Jerome clocks for viewing

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Jerome collector, Mar 8, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Al Dodson

Al Dodson Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Brass Member

Aug 22, 2019
    Columbia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Mike. I assume there is some a document or something pointing to Nobel’s connection to Ives and his workshop. I haven’t asked Mary Jane for specifics but I don’t believe she would assert it if she didn’t. I am quite curious would you please inquire when you contact her? I assume you have seen the webinar I did on the Solid Wheel movement. If you have, o hope it’s clear what an admirer of the Jeromes.

2. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here is what Mary Jane shared with me in this regard a couple of years ago.

"Yes, in my talk I showed proof in the form of a document from Ives' CT insolvency in 1820, in which he stated that Joseph Ives & Co. employed 10 workmen exclusive of himself, Elias and Titus M. Roberts, and Noble Jerome, not counting unidentified numbers of persons making the pinions and faces (all very interesting). I have all the footnotes for the sources in the book - or if need be at this point you can reference pers. comm. with me. So on the basis of the evidence, it is reasonable to say that Noble Jerome was working for and with Joseph Ives & Co. as early as 1818, when JI & Co.was formed. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when they started working together"

3. Jerome collector

Jerome collector Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Geologist, US Army Corps of Engineers
    Omaha, NE
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Al,
    Sad to say, I missed out on your webinar. I believe I was having computer browser incompatibility issues at the time. I've heard your name come up in conversation more than a few times in the context of Chauncey Jerome, so I'm well aware that you're another admirer of the Jeromes.

Jim,
    Thanks for clarifying that the source of the information about the connection between Ives and Noble Jerome was from a document from Ives' insolvency. Did you cover that in your Ives treatise? If so, yet another fascinating piece of information that my brain has managed not to hang on to.

Mike

4. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Mike, I did cover the Nobel Jerome bit in my Ives book. And noted it came from MJ IIRC. She is a wealth of knowledge, a researcher par excellence, always willing to share and assist us research limited folks, and just a good person to talk clocks and history. How she does it all is a mystery to me.

Al Dodson and PatH like this.