some clocks to share

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by Burkhard Rasch, Nov 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yesterday we visited a small museum of local history in Quakenbrück ; they had a number of interesting towerclocks.Here they are.
    Starting with a late 19th cent. Eduard Korffhage , then the remains of an 18th cent. wrought iron clock,a three train Korffhage from the 1830ies and an early 20th cent. constant force three train mvmt. with electrical remontoir.Enjoy!
    Burkhard

DSCN4641.JPG DSCN4654.JPG DSCN4644.JPG DSCN4646.JPG DSCN4647.JPG DSCN4648.JPG DSCN4651.JPG DSCN4653.JPG

scootermcrad and Kevin W. like this.
  2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Burkhard for the posting and pictures, interesting to see tower clocks from Europe. I have only seen English made and American made tower clocks.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 1, 2016
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thank you for sharing those! The first and last Korffhage Turret clocks are basically a dream of mine to own. Those two particular later designs are a couple of the most beautiful clocks with some great features about their going trains. Rementoires used in tower/turret clocks are just mechanical beauty like no other.