Help So now my NAWCC banner no longer shows in my MB comments

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Jim DuBois, Sep 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So now my NAWCC banner no longer shows in my MB comments. Yes, the box to show it is checked in my profile. And it showed until I made a contribution to donations and the sponsor button came on. In the past, it showed both. While this is no big deal it does suggest to me something is going on in our MB system and it seems to me it should be a minor warning to staff of that.

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    There you go. The old thumbtacks rusted and came loose, and the banner fell on the floor. I put it back up with roofing nails. Let's hope it works.

3. Jim DuBois

NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    thank you, I am thinking you have better things to do than fix my complaints but it is greatly appreciated in any event! And the response time was EXCELLENT!

Kevin W. likes this.
  4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Glad to help, Jim. I don't know why or how it happened. It may simply be the Revenge of Xenforo.

Kevin W. and Jim DuBois like this.
  5. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It may have been a misstep when I recently reconfirmed everyone's status. I apologize if so.

I am really grateful to you for pointing us at the Comcast misconfiguration problem on our facility in Columbia. They still apparently have not fixed it, but I did get another complaint related to it that disclosed that we have 349 poor souls who are trying to use the Message Board but are being blocked from receiving our confirmation email.:(

I will put a little more fuel on the fire under that pot.

6. Jim DuBois

NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    yeah, the missing alert is a real pain to me. I have temporarily changed my email address to a gmail account so as to get notifications. It works, but it is a real pain to play with 2 emails. I plan to return to comcast when they get their problem resolved. It remains my primary mail account and I have many years of stuff under that address and provider. Thanks for all your help and followup on that problem too.