"SNOWBIRD" Destinations this year..?

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
With this Virus still not nipped in the bud, how does this effect other snowbirds like us that head off to warmer and less doom and gloom destinations..? Last year on this day were were packed up and on out way to Sri Lanka for 7 months but this is on hold this year..! We are going but not as planned... OTHERS..?

George Frick

NAWCC Member
Sep 8, 2016
Country
Region
Mid November we usually head south. Delaying until early next year. Safer at home we believe.

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
The warm comfy bedroom filled with warm comfy clocks that have warm comfy chimes.

Reactions: PatH

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
Good point!

Regards.
Not any safer for us with only 13 deaths in Sri Lanka regarding the VIRUS. I had no idea they were going to keep there borders closed so long but the dont want it brought back onto the island from abroad I guess...

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Last year I just packed up and moved further south. It might snow here an inch or two, but it will be gone the next day. Had to downsize considerably though, so lost a lot of stuff. Moved into a house with no stairs to climb. Figured we will be getting old one of these days, so make it as easy as possible :)

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
My snowbird destination is my watch bench or digging out the end of the driveway, hate Florida, don't trust Southern California (my brother lives there), not fond of N Carolina (our oldest son lives there), maybe someday S Carolina(my younger brother lives outside Myrtle Beach) but by then I'll probably be 80, not much fun to be had and no kids to help out.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I ended up in North Carolina. I have a nice view of the Smokey Mountains in the National Park area, and live up on a mountain myself. Been here about a year and really love it. I live near a small town. Lots of tourists though :)

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
I know about tourists, I live at the Jersey Shore, don't go near the beach in the summer but September is the best month of the year at the beach. This development we live in has a 9 hole executive course with less than 100 members, play almost any time, do 18 in an hour and a half but you have to walk, no carts. Before Covid there were lots of good places to eat and drink.

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
Last year I just packed up and moved further south. It might snow here an inch or two, but it will be gone the next day. Had to downsize considerably though, so lost a lot of stuff. Moved into a house with no stairs to climb. Figured we will be getting old one of these days, so make it as easy as possible :)
If not for the kids and grandkids I would be long gone from the doom and gloom plus just fed up with everything the way its going here...I need heat and humidity and surely not found here in NW Ohio.. Still working on selling my junk clocks etc but pretty much been selling them off as I will get what I want for them or the kids can dump them in garage sales... Down to about 30 high end clocks as I never bought any .... nah better not say it as I will get .... Happy you found a new place to stay..

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment