"SNOWBIRD" Destinations this year..?

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by ClockMogul, Oct 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ClockMogul

ClockMogul Registered User

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    With this Virus still not nipped in the bud, how does this effect other snowbirds like us that head off to warmer and less doom and gloom destinations..? Last year on this day were were packed up and on out way to Sri Lanka for 7 months but this is on hold this year..! We are going but not as planned... OTHERS..?

2. George Frick

George Frick Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Male
    Retired
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Mid November we usually head south. Delaying until early next year. Safer at home we believe.

3. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good point!

Regards.

4. chimeclockfan

chimeclockfan Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Chime clock & gong studies.
    WI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The warm comfy bedroom filled with warm comfy clocks that have warm comfy chimes.

PatH likes this.
  5. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not any safer for us with only 13 deaths in Sri Lanka regarding the VIRUS. I had no idea they were going to keep there borders closed so long but the dont want it brought back onto the island from abroad I guess...

6. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    no doubt that sure makes thing nice and comfy for sure but I need heat and humidity so I can cycle without freezing my rear off like I already am in doom and gloom NW Ohio :)

chimeclockfan likes this.
  7. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Last year I just packed up and moved further south. It might snow here an inch or two, but it will be gone the next day. Had to downsize considerably though, so lost a lot of stuff. Moved into a house with no stairs to climb. Figured we will be getting old one of these days, so make it as easy as possible :)

8. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My snowbird destination is my watch bench or digging out the end of the driveway, hate Florida, don't trust Southern California (my brother lives there), not fond of N Carolina (our oldest son lives there), maybe someday S Carolina(my younger brother lives outside Myrtle Beach) but by then I'll probably be 80, not much fun to be had and no kids to help out.

9. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I ended up in North Carolina. I have a nice view of the Smokey Mountains in the National Park area, and live up on a mountain myself. Been here about a year and really love it. I live near a small town. Lots of tourists though :)

10. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I know about tourists, I live at the Jersey Shore, don't go near the beach in the summer but September is the best month of the year at the beach. This development we live in has a 9 hole executive course with less than 100 members, play almost any time, do 18 in an hour and a half but you have to walk, no carts. Before Covid there were lots of good places to eat and drink.

11. ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If not for the kids and grandkids I would be long gone from the doom and gloom plus just fed up with everything the way its going here...I need heat and humidity and surely not found here in NW Ohio.. Still working on selling my junk clocks etc but pretty much been selling them off as I will get what I want for them or the kids can dump them in garage sales... Down to about 30 high end clocks as I never bought any .... nah better not say it as I will get .... Happy you found a new place to stay..