Snow and the Super Bowl and pictures

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Feb 3, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    NOW! SNOW! SNOW! All across the country we hear about these more than confusing Weather forecasts. Warm, cold, snow, rain, clearing and whatever. For me, I am happy I have no errands to go to for the next few days, I have food for Johnnie II…who sits on the picture window sill wondering what is this white stuff coming down in a slanting, heavy fashion from the north? We hear forecasts up to eight (8”) in certain areas. Philadelphia, where Johnnie II and I reside, about four (4”). We hear it will taper off earlier this evening, Temperature dropping to 20° and freezing, slippery conditions.

As for the Super Bowl, I had no choice…the game did not live up to its hype. I am happy there were no terrorist happenings, but listening to the TV and reading reports getting to the Bowl Game was problematic for some ticket holders. I understand some of the well-heeled paid a few thousand dollars for a seat ticket.

The game itself was a distinct disappointment; Denver left their game on the plane flying here to participate in this overblown and horrible game. The first plays of the game forebode the final result…a blowout by Seattle 43, Denver 8.

After two weeks of daily chatter about Peyton Manning and his well-known skill in playing football as a leading quarterback…I ask the question…where did it go? .Was this storied man sick? Was he hiding some illness? The look on his face might suggest that theory.

Anyway, I took a couple of snapshots out of the picture window that Johnnie II vacated so I could take the photos.

Attached Files:

2. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I didn't watch the game (being Canadian), although the city was overwhelmed with Super Bowl parties. My favorite part was opera diva Renee Fleming who did a stellar job of the National Anthem. While revues on her performance were mixed, by far the majority of Americans were enthralled with her performance! A far cry from some of the performers in the past who have been entrusted with this important ritual. Yeah Renee! My spouse and I have tickets to a theatre on-line Metropolitan Opera performance of Dvorak's opera Rusalka, featuring Renee which is to take place on Saturday, Feb. 8. Any Dvorak fans should check out your local theatre listings.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The anthem requires two octaves, which is a stretch for most voices. She did it in three :)