skeleton clocks

B

bussent

seeking help on identifying an old hand made skeleton clock. It looks to be from a religous order , possible monks or similar, has crosses at the top, also fusee movement. I will try to post a picture, but if anyone has come across any old skeleton clocks and can give me a thread or any help, will be much appreciated.... Bill Buss

Rollerpen

Jul 7, 2006
Washington
Country
Region
Bill, I can't help directly, however if you will click "search" at the top of the board and enter skeleton you will find 21 pages of hits on that word. Use all forums and use the search box "content criteria". Enter the word skeleton in the box marked "At least having".

Someone may be along with direct information for you and save a lot of looking, but here at least is a place to start.

Ken

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
Bill,

Many skeleton clocks were representations of churches, so the crosses at the top may not have any particular significance as far as a religious order association is concerned.

Jeremy

Ray Fanchamps

Deceased
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
LLareggub
Country
Region
Here is a picture of a 4 Plate York Minster Architectural Skeleton clock.

The classic book is Royer Collard Skeleton clocks.

Derek Roberts has two books (at least) for skeleton clocks. Any of those books will have images of the Architectural form of Skeleton clocks.

29.jpg

Ray Fanchamps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chas99
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff