American Simplex No. 1 Time Recorder

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by llhorton, Jul 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. llhorton

llhorton Registered User

Jun 6, 2012
    You folks have any thoughts on this one? It's for sale not far from me and I'm considering buying it... thanks

20200724_234052.jpg 20200724_234043.jpg 20200724_234034.jpg

2. jacks61fd

jacks61fd Registered User

Jul 2, 2002
    Male
    Retired Police officer
    Ocala Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 jacks61fd, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
    there was a clock like this on the cover of the bulletine a while back and an article about clock inside.

3. llhorton

llhorton Registered User

Jun 6, 2012
    I'll have to look... trying to decide whether to spend money or not

4. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    Hi,great clock and looks clean, unless you have to give up your first born, if reasonable I would buy it.
    Bruce

5. llhorton

llhorton Registered User

Jun 6, 2012
    They're asking a thousand. they say the pendulum works but the second had gear needs adjusting.

6. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    One K may be a little to high considering the sellers comments and always the "unknown" discoveries, maybe they are open to an offer.

7. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    I would love to buy this if I could but I haven't got that sort of money. Even if I had, I think I should want a bit more assurance. Just saying that 'the pendulum works' doesn't tell you much. Does the clocking in mechanism work, is the seller supplying a key for the two front cover locks., how is the timekeeping etc. etc? And the second hand gear needs adjusting.....I'd like to know what that really means.

And I am a but surprised to see what looks like the pendulum hook showing in the lenticle. Perhaps that is right.....but I don't know.

It's the sort of thing I would love to have, but please ask a LOT of questions if you are thinking of spending even near $1,000. You say it's not far away from you, so I am sure you will pay it a visit before making a final decision.

Good luck!

JTD

8. llhorton

llhorton Registered User

Jun 6, 2012
    I thought the same thing. it's not too far away so I thought about paying it a visit. Looks like about a 600 clock to me, then I could have it repaired hopefully. If it's not too bad it would be a decent deal at that price in my opinion

JTD likes this.
  9. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    JTD has offered some very solid comments !! I have a few "emotional" purchases that perhaps should have never been because I subjugated logic.
    Good Luck,
    Bruce