Simple pendulum rods--where to get them?

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by jboger, Oct 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jboger

jboger Registered User

Jan 7, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I'd like a source for the common pendulum rod used for American wood, brass ogee, etc clocks. The ones with a suspension spring on one end, and a hood on the other. I'd like a source with no hook as I would bend the rod after I cut the rod to the right length. I checked Timesavers and Merritts. All kinds of pendulum rods, but not this simple common one--unless I missed it. I know some people make these, probably not that difficult, but I'd really like to have a source. Any suggestions?

2. jboger

jboger Registered User

Jan 7, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

3. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Underwater Robotics Expert
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. Sooth

Sooth Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Cabinetmaker
    Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  5. tom427cid

tom427cid Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Cabinetmaker,clock repair
    Moultonborough,NH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi all,
    I know I am late to the party, but be careful of the wire diameter. The newer suspension rods tend to be a smaller diameter, Also the .004" feather is to thick. Even though advertised as .004" I have found some as thick as .005". These might work but it requires additional weight. That said a hammer and an anvil and a piece of appropriate sized wire can be easily formed. And the feather thickness is best when it is slightly less than .003".
    Hope this helps.
    tom

Kevin W. likes this.