Should not have taken this job!!!!

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by phylrick, Dec 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. phylrick

phylrick Registered User
    Donor

Jan 14, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hello Gentlemen and ladies!!!

I am sitting here looking at "Small World Rhythm" clock that I took from a customer under protest!

The elderly lady is very upset that the clock doesn't work and out of pity I told her I'd do my best!!

The clock (Pictured) fell from the wall and broke the glass AND damaged the pendulum circuit board. I replaced the glass and thought I could just get a replacement part....BUT..... it turns out parts are just not sold for these clocks!!! Can you believe that??

The small circuit board is basically beyond repair so at this point the pendulum does not swing.

Is there any chance one of you may have one of these sitting in the parts room?? OR maybe know where I could get a replacement board:???: The clock is only worth about $400 so time and part cost is a factor I must watch.

I've included pictures of the clock and the small board I'm looking for. After seeing many other clocks (Even different models) the board appears to be a common part.

Any help you could give me would make an 89 year old lady very happy and get me off the hook!!!!

Thanks brothers.......

Rick S

IMG_4392.jpeg IMG_4393.jpeg IMG_4394.jpeg

2. etmb61

etmb61 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Retired Avionics Technician
    Mascoutah, IL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Is it possible you could cannibalize a circuit board from one of those inexpensive quartz pendulum movements such as this one?
    Q_mvmt_b.jpg

It might work. Just a few dollars on ebay.

Eric

3. phylrick

phylrick Registered User
    Donor

Jan 14, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I have some of these !!!! I'm going to look and see....maybe sacrifice one to try your suggestion.

Why Small World Clocks do not sell ANY friggin' parts or have schematics I'll never know!!!! What clock company doesn't sell parts?? This is extremely frustrating. MAYBE someone on the forum would have an old 4MJ682 that they would sell for parts!!!! Contact me if you do!!!!!!!

4. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What is beyond repair about the circuit you have? Is it simply that you need to solder the black wire back on?

5. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It looks like the coil got separated from the board and I'm betting at least one of the wires is "unfindable".