Should I coimplain?

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Oct 5, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Perhaps I am a fair weather fan…I'm happy the normal baseball season closed yesterday. Our Philadelphia Phillies went 63-99. A record that does not speak too well of our baseball team. Only Carlos Ruiz and Ryan Howard remain from a team that at one time was a National League leader for years. And, I think both these players are but a shadow of what they were in their heyday. It looks like we'll have to wait for a few years or more before the team resembles what they once were.

As for our Philadelphia Eagles…woe is me…I do not have a very good feeling as to their future this year of 2015. Yesterday they suffered a disgusting loss and now are 1-3 in the standings. It looks like the team coach cannot put a winning group of football players on the field and let us Eagle fans hold our heads high.

But who am I to complain? I ain't what I once was either. My knees are shot and the spirit that used to drive me is not there anymore. I now must plan every move I make when I have to do things like going out to buy stuff I need in the house. I cannot carry things and use the walker at the same time. At least I am fortunate that driving my car is no problem at all, I sit as I drive and have no knee pain while sitting. For that I'm thankful…thinking things over…reaching 100 years of life leads me to think I have a lot to be thankful for.

On average…only one person in about 6000 will reach my present age. And, most will be in much worse shape than me. Give me new knees and another ten years are in the offing. How many 100 year olds are working on an NAWCC spiral bound calendar for the year 2017? Or for that matter doing anything but dozing off or watching television. I live alone and do everything besides keeping company with my cat, beautiful Johnnie II.

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You have to put sports in their proper prospective, Dan. After all, these are older kids, but they are still just playing a game. They will win a few and lose a few. It doesn't affect my life one bit, and you should not let it affect yours either.

3. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So, Dan, how do you like my Blue Jays now?? Todays game reminded me of that crazy game in Philly in 93 that we won 15-13, or something like that.

4. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Harold:

If you were part of the team I'd like it better. This way you are only one of the many who are proud of their Blue Jays.

BTW: Years ago when we moved into our home...we had beautiful Cardinals and Blue Jays nesting in the trees.

What was once, ain't no more...including my poor knees.