• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Ship's Clock Time Only

glr1109

Jun 2, 2002
Genoa, NY
Country
Region
Within the "escape wheel design" are there words/letters or is it an "iron cross design"?

greg

glr1109

Jun 2, 2002
Genoa, NY
Country
Region
With the difficulty in seeing clearly your trademark...and my cursery research:
From the(book) Clock & Watch Trademark Index of European Origin by Karl Kochman:

I see no French trademarks that resemble yours. Any "Escape Wheel" design resembling yours...seems to be referenced to Germany.

There is one in particular that looks to be most promising, and that is, on page 475. Both are Referenced to:

Schlenker J. / -Grusen
Schwenningen/Neckar
Germany 040/7c
AK04 MFC/WHS/Clocks/Watches/Instrum.

and

Schlenker J. -Grusen
Schwenningen /Neckar
Germany 079/7b
DB40, MFC. Clocks/Watches/Instrm.

side notes are:

AK04 denotes archive Watchmkr. address Handbook year 1904
DB40 denotes archive Diebner Watchmaker Calendar year 1940

The first design (to me) looks to be the closest.
Don't ask me what all the rest means, maybe someone else can clue you in.

Good Luck
greg

Ps: In the trademarks from the above mentioned book...what I thought might be an Iron Cross actually looks like a balance fork and verge. If these are indeed what is depicted on your trademark we most likely have a winner!

wingardclocks

Oct 1, 2007
Visit site
yes it is the verge and balance fork. sorry for the pic not being so clear. Thamks for everones help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davido
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How To Open A Pocket Watch Case by Kent