• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Sherline Sure

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
No, all tools were meant for each other. I have (shimmed) a tool clamped into place to do a job however. Don't overthink it, dive in...

Vernon

MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
Perhaps a little bit of overthinking, but I am purchasing in preparation. Couldn't the tail stock adjustable drill chuck hold the boring bar for this application?

Jerry Kieffer

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
May 31, 2005
wisconsin
Country
Perhaps a little bit of overthinking, but I am purchasing in preparation. Couldn't the tail stock adjustable drill chuck hold the boring bar for this application?
The tailstock chuck alignment accessory could hold a boring bar, but it is not practical. First, there is very little adjustment with no way to control this adjustment in regard to hole size. With a boring bar held in the tool post as intended, hand wheel settings are utilized to control hole size in .001" increments.

Jerry Kieffer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mishellmcgee
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-