Share your advertising clocks.

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by owen.or, Jul 26, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RAK

RAK Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Male
    The Beautiful State of Virginia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks to everyone for bringing back my favorite thread!

Quite a range of new additions to the topic. Very nice.

Bob

2. rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Here's a couple more.

I like the light up advertising clocks, too.

Here are a couple in my downstairs 1/2 bath:

bulova and hart schaffner and marx clocks.JPG

The first is for Bulova. Scott Jewelers were in Lowell, MA, not too far from the clocks current location. It is not a Pam clock, though rather similar. Could not find a maker's mark. Based upon a shadow, I do believe it once had a stick on maker's tag. I think 50's or '60's. Very nice condition. Works well.

The 2nd one is for the men's clothing maker, Hart, Schaffner and Marx. The golden trumpeter on the horse was their logo apparently. I had not seen this style of clock before. High quality with the back made from heavy gauge enameled steel rather than a thin aluminum. Really like that burgundy dial background color. Could not find a maker's mark. Also works well. Very nice condition. To me, the style of the frame looks '40's or '50's. That was a time when this brand was considered top quality and they produced some real snazzy print ads showing classy "mature" men being ogled by the women!

Both clocks were flea market finds.

I use small LED bulbs as they don't get as hot as regular incandescent ones. The heat damages the advertising.

RM

RAK likes this.
  3. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Yep. Hart schaffner marx Logos