• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Seth Thomas wall clock

CameraGuy32

Apr 12, 2019
Country
Region
A customer recently purchased this ST wall clock with the intent of having it restored. They sent these photos before bringing it to me. It appears to be a slave clock from an office or school. although I could be incorrect. If that is the case, then I'm considering just putting in a quartz movement so it can be usable. Not my first choice, as I like to keep things as original as possible, but the customer is not a serious collector. Can anyone identify this movement?

Steve CL001.jpg CL002.jpg CL003.jpg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It does look like a slave clock, but instead of replacing it with quartz, consider getting a slave clock impulser instead. It will cost more, but you'll preserve the original movement and the value of the clock for a later collector. There are many of them out there. Just google it :)

CameraGuy32

Apr 12, 2019
Country
Region
It does look like a slave clock, but instead of replacing it with quartz, consider getting a slave clock impulser instead. It will cost more, but you'll preserve the original movement and the value of the clock for a later collector. There are many of them out there. Just google it :)
Thanks, Shutt.
Off to Google I go

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
That is a good idea, to get the impulser and keep it original too.

CameraGuy32

Apr 12, 2019
Country
Region
That is a good idea, to get the impulser and keep it original too.
Just heard from the owner. They do want to keep it as original as possible. I'll be receiving the clock withing the next week, and I'll certainly be here looking for guidance to install.
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little Bill
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-