Seth Thomas Wall Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Natalie222, Nov 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Natalie222

Natalie222 Registered User

Nov 9, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Can someone please help me learn more about my wall clock that I recently inherited (ie. history, value, etc.)? I know nothing about the service history. There is a marking of "1719" on the inside of the clock, as pictured. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Wall Clock 2.png Wall Clock 2-02.jpeg Wall Clock 2-03.jpeg

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Its a nice looking, most likely rail way clock, it could be one of several models made by Seth Thomas. If possible you could remove the hands and dial ad take a picture of the movement. What part of Canada do you live?
    There is a forum to discuss values, as per rules we cant discuss them in this forum.

3. Natalie222

Nov 9, 2019
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Kevin. I've actually attempted to post on the What is your clock worth? Forum, and agreed to the special Value Forum rules/disclaimers & permission to post, but still no luck, as I continue to have the message that I have insufficient privileges to post in that forum. I feel like I'm missing something, so if you know what it is please advise.

As for the clock, it was received from Montreal, Quebec. I will follow up with those photos you suggested shortly.

4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Natalie, one of the moderators can help you i believe to post on the what its worth forum. If you live in Montreal or area, there is a NAWCC Chapter there.

5. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    If you know your password, try logging out of the message board and then log in. Who knows, it may work?

6. Natalie222

Nov 9, 2019
    Country Flag:
    That did the trick!! Thanks!

Kevin W. likes this.