Seth Thomas Sonora 5 Bell--Searching for a key!

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by buddyboston, May 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. buddyboston

buddyboston Registered User

May 14, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I just acquired this ST 5 bell, which was my great grandmother's. It appears to be in good shape, but the key is missing. The movement is 90B. Can anyone provide suggestions where I can find a replacement key? Thanks so much.

2. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Either measure the winding arbor and order the key accordingly, or take the clock to a clock maker who will easily be able to supply a suitable key for you. Ideally you should get a double-ended key, one end to wind the clock and the other a tiny size to adjust the Slow/Fast arbor in the center of the dial.

These are very nice clocks - it might well be due for a service and though that might cost a bit, it is well worth it. These clock were not cheap when they were new.

JTD

4. MartinM

MartinM Registered User
    Donor

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As in the other thread, You'll want a "6/0000" key, preferably a repro with the ST logo as these (mostly) will fit into the small hole in the dial for the regulation arbor.
    I'll also second the advice to keep the Sonora (90) movement in good repair if things get misaligned with wear, they get terminally worn in a relatively short period.