Seth Thomas regulator clock?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by strangerthings, Mar 19, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. strangerthings

strangerthings Registered User
    Donor

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I purchased this clock at auction. I picked it up for cheap, it was advertised as a Seth Thomas but I can’t find any examples on the internet. Has anybody seen this one?

C4668E41-F323-4EB0-9DEA-4114B9C1E211.jpeg

2. strangerthings

strangerthings Registered User
    Donor

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    It looks similar to the Jupiter but different frame construction.

3. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    The chain spacings look like that of a Jauch movement. Router corners on the door frame ... I'm thinking, not an ST, and around the 1970s.

A good photo of the movement will clear things up.

Willie X

4. Ticktocktime100

Ticktocktime100 Registered User

Nov 11, 2012
    Student
    France
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

Definitely not a Seth Thomas. It looks to be a reproduction of a Dutch Stoelklok, with a German movement. I agree with the date suggested above - 1970's seems about right. As for the maker, Urgos or Hermle are also possibilities. Do have the weights and pendulum? Cosmeticallly, the case appears to be lacking its three brass finials - one above each of the columns on the side, and the other above the dial.

Regards.

5. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Is there something written on the dial, below the VI? I can't enlarge it enough and the photo is rather blurred. I agree with the comments about the date (1970s) as far as I can see.

JTD