• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.
  • For those of you who were having issues connecting the Forums it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Help Seth Thomas help

Tim Fitzgerald

NAWCC Member
Jan 2, 2016
Oak island North Carolina
timothyfitzgerald.net
Country
Region
I have a Seth Thomas clock #123d movement , it has a between the plate verge, well it doesn't have one at the moment "It's missing". So I need to replace it but I have looked on the popular parts places but they dont have them for Seth Thomas clocks.. Can someone tell me where I might find them?

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
That's not so simple. You'll likely have to adapt one of the available ones. Consider having a look at Mr Conover's escapement book, which should provide some guidance, and also see what David LaBounty's website--or Mr LaBounty himself--has to say.

And make sure that the old one isn't floating around in the clock's case. It happens.

Mark Kinsler

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
I hope someone else here is familiar with this movement. I don't know which one is--at least one later ST movement used pin pallets. Please post some photographs of what you have. That ought to speed up a more helpful response.

Mark Kinsler

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
I would suggest measuring the distance between the plates, including the plate thickness. Then check with the ones the suppliers show for the same measurement. Most of them are for Ansonia, but you might get fortunate. Otherwise, you'll need a donor movement. Check the big auction site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Allen
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre