Seth Thomas clock dating please

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Hello, I purchased this cute little clock from local flea marcket. It is 7.25" tall and time only. Please let me know the model number and the dating. Any info about the clock will be very appreciated.
Ming

IMG_2236.JPG IMG_2237.JPG IMG_2238.JPG IMG_2239.JPG

Jim Hartog

NAWCC Member
Jan 6, 2010
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hello Ming,

Nobody is responding because we can't find your clock in the standard book (Seth Thomas Clocks and Movements, Tran Duy Ly, Third Edition, Vol 2, Arlington Books).

However, it is in the "Mantle Clocks-Metal Novelty" category described as having a one-day, lever, time only movement with a two-inch dial. The cases are cast metal with a "gold ormolu finish". Seth Thomas made dozens of different models of these but yours does not match any in the book.

Of the clocks illustrated, the early ones are 1900 while the latest date I found was 1908. The dates refer to the catalogue date in which the clock appeared.

Jim

marylander

Sep 9, 2008
Maryland
Country
Region
Hello Ming,

Nobody is responding because we can't find your clock in the standard book (Seth Thomas Clocks and Movements, Tran Duy Ly, Third Edition, Vol 2, Arlington Books).

However, it is in the "Mantle Clocks-Metal Novelty" category described as having a one-day, lever, time only movement with a two-inch dial. The cases are cast metal with a "gold ormolu finish". Seth Thomas made dozens of different models of these but yours does not match any in the book.

Of the clocks illustrated, the early ones are 1900 while the latest date I found was 1908. The dates refer to the catalogue date in which the clock appeared.

Jim
Jim, Thank you so much for your help. It is good to know the period of the production. After put the clock in beat, the clock is ticking away. Thank you again for taking your time to help.
Ming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billraffy
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller