Seth Thomas (Ashcroft)

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Jeff Hantman, Aug 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeff Hantman

Jeff Hantman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    This is an 8.5" dial with a #10 movement
    My concern is no made in USA under the numbers, just a serial number
    Anyone have any idea, its not serial number
    Or patent

123951.jpg 123951_2.jpg

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Is Ashcroft perhaps this: History. A place to start, at least.

3. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    I think Steven is right. When I first looked at the Ashcroft link, I thought that it was perhaps just a coincidence of the name, since clocks did not seem to come into it.

But when I scrolled to the bottom of the page, I found the shield logo with the same diagonal stripe and the words 'Trust the Shield'. So I am now pretty sure this must the same Ashcroft Mfg. Co.; maybe this was a clock made for valued customers as an advertising gift.

I can't say anything about the number at the bottom of the dial - maybe others can. I suppose you know for certain it is a Seth Thomas?

JTD

4. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It looks very much like a Seth Thomas ships clock I have, with the #10 tandem wind movement. When you show us a picture of the movement we will probably be able to tell for sure. Often the movement is signed as well.

Uhralt

5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A search of this board for Ashcroft shows very similar Ashcroft dials with E. Howard, Seth Thomas, Chelsea, and either Waterbury or Waltham movements.

Regards.